We all know that Wi-Fi passwords are widely used to protect wireless networks around the world. It prevents unauthorised access or damage to computers using wireless networks. The risks to users of wireless technology have increased as the service has become more popular. There were relatively few dangers when wireless technology was first introduced.
Hackers had not yet had time to latch on to the new technology, and wireless networks were not commonly found in the workplace. However, there are many security risks associated with the current wireless protocols and encryption methods, and in the carelessness and ignorance that exists at the user and corporate IT level.
Thus, passwords came into existence for protecting ourselves from the hackers. Once you connected to a Wi-Fi network, it will be saved on your iPhone or iPad automatically. But there comes a situation where you wanted to change, you may forget the password of your home network or see your Wi-Fi password in the device.
You would be urgent to know how to see Wi-Fi password in your iPhone to get connected to the Internet. Don’t worry. There are few simple ways to view your Wi-Fi password on iPhone. There are three ways to find Wi-Fi password on your iPhone.
Steps To Find Wi-Fi Password On Jailbroken iPhone or iPad:
With a jailbroken iPhone, you can do many things that used to be impossible due to Apple restrictions. Here are the instructions to show saved Wi-Fi password in iPhone using Cydia after jailbreak:
1. Search “Wi-Fi Password” in Cydia, which is a free app to get back Wi-Fi password on iPhone easily. Tap the icon to start downloading.
2. After downloading, click “Install” on the upper right corner to install the app, this process will finish within few seconds.
3. Now tap on “Return to Cydia” and tap on the Home button. Click Wi-Fi Password icon to open it, you’ll see a list of Wi-Fi names and passwords that can be accessed.
Steps To View Saved Wi-Fi Password on iPhone Without Jailbreak:
Normally none of the apps in Apple Store allows you to find the password for wireless network on iPhone, but there’s still a way to find it.
1. Go to Settings and tap “Wi-Fi”, you can see the network name, tap on the (i) info button to get the Router IP address.
2. Open safari and then type the Router IP address to get into the Router login panel page.
3. Now you can log in with the default password, you are also allowed to search the password quickly with specific Router Model.
Steps To Show iPhone Wi-Fi Password by Using Keychain App:
1. Go to Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access, click on “Password” in the left-hand menu to see Wi-Fi network. You can see a list of the wireless router, double-click on the one you need.
2. The detailed information of the router will appear, select the checkbox next to “Show password”.
3. Then a pop-out window will ask you to enter the administrator name and password, type them and press “Allow” to go on.
4. Now the Wi-Fi password should appear in the text box next to Show Password.
Well, these are the few ways we have to help you to view Wi-Fi password on iPhone, hope it can work for you! If you have other network issues on iPhone, lets us know in the comments section below.
If you use any other method to view the Wi-Fi password on your iPhone or iPad or iPod touch, let us know in the below comment section.
Which method do you use to view Wi-Fi password in iPhone/iPad/iPod touch/Mac?