Market leader Maruti Suzuki India is stepping up its skill development activity by setting up automobile skill enhancement centres at 45 government-run Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) across India. Maruti Suzuki Swift has turned ten this month. Since its launch in May 2005, the Swift has been a bestseller clocking 1.3 million cumulative sales and surpassing its own records year after year.
Swift in India :
Recently Maruti Suzuki India has sold 42,297 units of the compact segment comprising Swift, Estilo, Ritz and Dzire in April as per the reports. Maruti launched the Swift way back in 2005 and it instantaneously started to rule the hatchback market in India. Swift was already doing 15000 units a month, which is an incredible number. The occasional ups and downs of the sales figures moved Swift from 2nd position to 4th position, but it never went down the 5th position in the top selling car list.
Maruti Suzuki India’s premium has crossed sales milestone of 13 lakh units since its launch in 2005. Once you come across the graph of its sales. It has increased in a great rate.
Swift’s model and variant journey in India : Timeline
2005: India launch
2007: Diesel variant
2010: Minor Change
2011 (Aug): Swift full model change
2014 (Oct): Swift minor change
Swift Sales Milestones
Jan 2007: 100,000 units
Mar 2008: 200,000 units
Feb 2009: 300,000 units
Jan 2010: 500,000 units
Sep 2013: 10 Lakh units
Apr 2015: cumulative sales cross 13 lakh units
Recently Maruti Suzuki India has sold 42,297 units of the compact segment comprising Swift, Estilo, Ritz and Dzire in April as per the reports.
Few points to say Maruti Suzuki Swift is the Best Car :
- Swift swept Car of the Year Awards in India in the same year in 2005 same year it was launched and again in 2011.
- Launched in 2005, the Swift swept Car of the Year Awards in India in the same year of its launch and again in 2011.
- Swift under gone minor alterations in 2010. In 2011 it went a complete overhaul with tail lamps, hatch door and interiors, among other things.
- Swift became the most fuel efficient car in the segment. Maruti launched Swift diesel in 2007 and improved its fuel efficiency further.
- Maruti Suzuki India, has 60 per cent sales in the A2 segment.
- Swift is priced at Rs 4.6-7.2 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). It competes with Hyundai i20 (Rs 5.3-8.1 lakh) and Honda Brio (Rs 4.2-6.8 lakh).