Our smartphones consists a lot of personal stuff like text messages, emails, apps, music, pictures, and much more. While it is a very great convenience to have all of these on your phone, it also has a major security risk if all of your data is easily accessible by anyone. The only best way to prevent this unauthorized access is by setting some sort of lock on your phone. One such sort of lock is Pattern Lock. It prevents unauthorized people from accessing your phone without your permission.
Almost every Smartphone comes with phone locking options inbuilt. Here, you can add password, pin or pattern lock to your phone. Few smartphones provide facial lock or fingerprint scanner option. But, one of the best choices is Pattern Lock as it looks cool and you can set any kind of complicated pattern. Pattern lock is a security measure that protects mobile phones or tablets. However, users only have five attempts to get the pattern right before the device becomes locked.
In this tutorial, we are going to explain to you how to add pattern lock on your smartphones.
Add Pattern Lock On Android, iPhone And Windows Phone:
Not all the devices are provided with the inbuilt pattern lock option such as Windows phone and iPhone. Don’t worry, we have a solution for such devices which is by installing apps in your phones.
How To Add Pattern Lock In Android Smartphone:
Android users may not worry about installing any app because the phone itself comes with inbuilt phone lock options such as Pattern Lock, Pin, fingerprint scanner or Password. These security locks prevent other people from accessing your phone without your permission. So, follow the below step-by-step guide for adding pattern Lock on your Android device.
1. Go to Settings > Security > Security and Screen Lock on Android 4.2 and higher versions.
2. Under the “Screen Security” section, tap the “ Set Screen Lock” option. By default, this option is set to “Slide,” which means no password or pattern is needed.
3. Here, you can choose one of three options from Pattern, Pin or Password.
4. Tap on Pattern Lock and Swipe to draw an unlock pattern you want to use. If you are messed up, then tap on retry. After setting a pattern, tap on ‘Continue. You will be asked to draw that pattern again to confirmation.
5. Draw the same pattern again and tap on Set. That’s it.
No matter which option you chose, you should now be asked to enter your Pattern Lock/Pin/Password every time you wake your device.
How To Add Pattern Lock In iPhone:
The iOS devices don’t provide an option of phone lock in it, but it provides a fingerprint scanner option and Pin option to unlock your device. iOS devices don’t come with any inbuilt pattern lock option. The worst thing is that the iTunes app store didn’t find a good pattern lock app to manually add pattern lock to iPhone. But this can be done by installing a separate app to lock your device. Here is one of the best apps you can install on your iPhone to add pattern lock. It is Android lock. It is very easy to install through Cydia, an app store.
You can find the pattern lock application in Cydia app store and install on your iPhone or iPad. But, the only problem is that Cydia needs to have a ‘jailbreak’ your iOS device. So, first jailbreak your iOS device and then install Cydia. Now, it is very easy to add pattern lock on your iOS device. Follow the below step to install Android Lock on your iOS device.
1. First, Jailbreak your iOS device and install Cydia store. It is a store like Apple app store where you can get free and premium apps.
2. Now, go to the Cydia store and search for the ‘Android Lock’ app.
3. Download the app and install.
4. Now, go to Settings and tap on Android Lock tab. Then tap on ‘Change The Pattern’ option.
5. Draw an unlock pattern you want to use and tap on OK. The pattern lock will be activated. Now, whenever you wake your iPhone, you have to draw the pattern lock to unlock your device.
How To Add Pattern Lock In Windows Phone:
Windows Phones come with only password lock to protect your data but in case if you want Android-like pattern lock system for your Windows phone, you have to install an app. There are many apps available in the app Store you can install for adding pattern lock, but we are going to explain about the two best apps for this purpose.
1. Smart App Lock:
The app allows you to protect your personal apps from strangers by locking them. The app enables you to customize the pattern lock for matching it with the phone’s theme to make it look more original. You need to install the app on your Windows phone and set up the desired lock you want and rest the app will take care.
2. App Locker – Pro:
App locker pro is another great app for adding pattern lock on your Windows Phone. The app also supports Pin lock option. The app helps you to protect your data from intruders. So, just install the app and set the pattern lock to the desired apps.
These are few best methods to activate Pattern Lock on your Android/iPhone/Windows smartphones. With the help of the above apps, you can easily add pattern lock to your device. Hope, you like the article and if you have any queries, please let us know in the comments section below.
Which method/app do you use to keep pattern lock on your Android or iPhone or Windows smartphone?