Are you one of the persons who are active on Instagram? How many Instagram Accounts do you have?
Most probably, everyone would have only one Instagram Account. There are people who even maintain or use multiple Instagram Accounts. There are lots of reasons one might want multiple Instagram accounts. Maybe he/she need one for personal life and one for business.
Usually, people who use multiple Instagram Accounts log out of one account and log into their another account. Or they log-in in another device.
Unlike Facebook, which is tied to your real identity, you can set up an account for anything on Instagram. Instagram has added the ability to switch between different accounts in the app. You can now add up to 5 Instagram Accounts and switch between them without having to log out and log back in. Here’s how.
Steps to Set Up a Second or Multiple Accounts:
1. Open the Instagram app and head to your profile page.
2. Now, tap the gear icon in the top right to get to the “Options” screen.
3. Scroll down to the bottom and tap “Add Account.”
4. Enter the username and password of the account (new) you’d like to add.
That’s it. Keep in mind that you can only add 5 Instagram Accounts only.
What about Push Notifications when added Multiple Instagram accounts?
- If you’ve added multiple Instagram accounts, you may get push notifications from any account that has them turned on.
- This depends on when you last logged in and the number of devices that are logged into an account.
- To quickly see the number of notifications for each account you’ve added, go to your profile and tap your username at the top.
Step to Switch between Multiple Instagram Accounts:
Now you’ve got two Instagram accounts set up on your phone or when you add multiple Instagram accounts, you can switch between them without having to log out and log back in.
1. Tap your username or the down arrow next to it.
2. From the drop-down, select the account you want to use.
3. And if you have additional accounts, set them up the same way. You’ll now be able to switch quickly between all your Instagram accounts.
Steps to Remove an Instagram account you’ve added:
- To remove an Instagram account you’ve added, here’s how you can log out of the account:
- Go to your profile and switch to the account you’d like to remove or log out.
- Tap on the gear icon in the top right.
- Scroll down and tap Log out of [username]. Logging out of an account will delete the account. Log out of All Accounts.
Logging out of all accounts will remove all the accounts you’ve added. The ease of switching accounts should encourage multi-account users to become more active in the service, while those with just one account might feel encouraged to add more now that the process has become trivially easy.
Hope, this article have helped you in adding and switching between multiple Instagram Accounts. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments section below.